International Centre for Technological Innovations (ICTI)
Telefon: +91 9544136327
Project Assistant - Farmer Producer Organisations
Indien, per sofort
ICTI offers internship opportunity in India for International students. The internships are offered in the areas of technology and innovation management, community development, social entrepreneurship, rural and urban development, agriculture, etc.
International Centre for Technological Innovations invites application for Project Assistant to join internship programme in Farmer Producer Organisations.
India has an over 300 million small and marginal farmers who depend on agriculture for income and employment. With continued land fragmentation, about 10 million new small and marginal farms are being added every year. Collectivization of small and marginal farmers, into farmer producer organisations has emerged as one of the most effective ways to address challenges of agriculture, most importantly, improved access to investments, technology, input supply services and markets. This project aims to help farmer producer organisations in developing sustainable organisation structure, adopting new technologies, value addition and business expansion.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct volunteering work leading to promotion of farmer producer organisations.
- Visit farmers, farmer producer organisations, agriculture universities, krishi vigyan kendra, etc.
- Evaluate farmer producer organisations involved in procurement, input supply, food processing, branding and marketing, export, etc.
- Assist in project planning and execution.
- Capacity building of producer organisations in fairtrade, food safety, sustainable agriculture, etc.
- Develop courseware and training materials.
- Contribute to business plan development.
- Prepare brochures, video documentary, etc.
- Write project reports.
- Identify international organisations, associations and networks to collaborate.
- Initiate and implement a viable project.
- Educational Qualification: Any degree discipline.
- Graduate students, undergraduate students, any postgraduates, and recent graduates (alumni).
- Knowledge and technical skills
- Leadership capacity and management skills
- Self-starter with ability to complete tasks independently
- Good writing, editing, communication and documentation skills
- Demonstrable interest in sustainable development
Alleppey, Kerala – India
Volunteering, Unpaid Internship. All costs related to visa processing, travel, living expenses has to be borne by the volunteer.
The programme provides both postgraduate and undergraduate students an opportunity to discover entrepreneurship in India as well as experience the richness of India’s culture. This is an ideal opportunity for candidates planning for a career in consulting, national and international development, sustainable engineering, technology commercialization etc. The volunteering helps consolidate their concepts on the different facets of technology and innovation management in emerging economies. Many of our past volunteers have been able to use the skills gained to get jobs in International Organisations, WHO, WTO, and other UN organisations. Some of them have setup their own start-ups and consulting firms, piloting new technologies and expanding business to India. The programme will also be of excellent value for those who want to pursue further studies.
Application form https://web.icti.ac.in/internship-apply
Frequently asked questions (FAQs) https://web.icti.ac.in/faqs-internship