Dr. Margrit Albers
ASSISTANT/Ph.D. POSITION in FINANCIAL ECONOMETRICS 100%
St. Gallen, nach Vereinbarung
At the Department of Economics of the University of St.Gallen a new
ASSISTANT/Ph.D. POSITION in FINANCIAL ECONOMETRICS
will be filled starting at the earliest day possible.
The position is part of the Chair of Financial Econometrics held by Prof. Dr. Matthi-as Fengler. The candidates for this position are expected to start a Ph.D. in Economics and Finance (PEF) at the University of St.Gallen (http://www.pef.unisg.ch).
The position is part of the research team in Financial Econometrics at the Faculty of Mathematics and Statistics of the University of St.Gallen (http://www.mathstat.unisg.ch). Therefore a strong interest in theoretical and empir-ical topics of Finance and Economics as well as a strong background in quantitative methods are expected (see also Prof. M. Fengler’s website https://mathstat.unisg.ch/en/chairs/financialeconometrics/).
Applications for the position should be sent by e-mail to Dr. Margit Albers (email@example.com) no later than July 27th, 2019. Essential: For a prior check whether your academic CV is compatible with the University's admission regulations please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Master’s degree in Economics or in Finance (good knowledge in Econometrics or Statistics is essential); or: Master’s degree in Mathematics or in Statistics (good knowledge in Economics and Finance is essential).
- Willingness to write a Ph.D. in Economics and Finance at the University of St.Gallen (http://www.pef.unisg.ch).
- Strong interest in Financial Statistics and Econometrics.
- Interest in Big Data applications.
The application package must contain:
- Motivation letter
- Complete Curriculum vitae
- Two letters of recommendation sent by two authors to firstname.lastname@example.org
University of St.Gallen, Faculty of Mathematics and Statistics, Prof. Dr. Matthias Fengler, Bodanstrasse 6, 9000 St. Gallen, Telefon +41 (0)71 224 24 57, Telefax +41 (0)71 224 28 94, email@example.com, www.mathstat.unisg.ch