5 Chancery Lane
WC2A 1LG London
Investment Analyst - Top Tier Buyside Fund
Region Zürich, per sofort
I have been exclusively mandated to search for an Investment Analyst for a European investment firm with a focus on large, publicly traded corporations. With an Asset under Management of 10+ billion, it belongs to the top tier of investors in Europe. After a thorough analysis, they acquire significant equity ownership in target companies and actively accompany its investments over a period of three to seven years. During this time, the team seeks to create value through a comprehensive improvement program relating to strategy, operations, governance and financing structure.
- As an Investment Analyst, you will be supporting the investment team in identifying, evaluating and actively managing investments, predominantly in German speaking Europe, Nordics and the UK. Your tasks include:
- Market analysis and research to identify potential investments;
- In-depth analysis of identified companies, including strategy, products, financial statement analysis, industry benchmarking and financial modeling;
- Help define improvement programs together with experts and company representatives;
- Active monitoring of portfolio companies’ operational performance and provide support for regular discussion with senior company executives.
- Top 5-10% academic performance is a must; ideally with business related major (business administration, economics) or natural science / engineering major;
- Early working/internship experience from a top tier institution and/or extracurricular exposure to relevant business or investing (e.g. consulting / investment banking / PE or start-up / own stock market investing experience);
- Basic understanding of accounting and corporate finance concepts;
- Extraordinary analytical skills; strong ability to identify, disaggregate and find pragmatic solutions;
- Well-structured communication in oral and written form; Excellent English skills, in oral and written form; German/French skills would be a plus, but not a must.
My client is one of the few buyside funds who offer career opportunities for bright graduates straight from university, the investment team is also made up of ambitious, highly qualified people from market leading private equity firms, strategy consultancies and investment banks. They have an excellent track record in their field, thus offering an inspiring and stimulating team environment. You will have the opportunity to analyse highly complex situations, present your ideas to top level management and create a lasting impact. They offer a very competitive compensation package along with a prospect for professional development on the fast lane.
If you fit the requirements above and would like to be considered for this position, please send your application to Shireen@sagemonroe.com (CV, covering letter, educational certificates, references etc).
All applications and information received are treated as confidential and processed in accordance with GDPR and relevant data protections laws.