Swiss Re Management AG
CBC III, Karadzicova 12
Phone: +41 43 285 81 95
Intern Risk Engineering Services support 100%
Zuerich, Adliswil, 8134, By 01.11.2016
Intern Risk Engineering Services support
About Swiss Re
Swiss Re Corporate Solutions offers innovative insurance solutions for multi-national corporations around the globe. Backed by the financial strength of the Swiss Re group, we assist more than 50,000 customers worldwide in mitigating their risk exposure. With a workforce of 2,400 experts in more than 50 offices, Swiss Re Corporate Solutions is a growing business unit within Swiss Re that is seeking entrepreneurial talent.
About the role
Swiss Re is seeking a highly motivated intern who is eager to apply his/her strong analytical skills to support the team maintaining and developing consistency and quality among the global Risk Engineering group.
You will support the team in a variety of projects such as:
• Establish a guidelines database
• Develop/maintain/improve different excel based tools
• Gather information regarding technical topics such as natural hazards
• Research/update and manage technical documents
• Establish web-based communication tools (newsletter) and others.
We will expect you to commit to work fulltime for a minimum of 4-6 months, starting November or December 2016
About the team
Risk Engineering Services Property is a global team which applies technical expertise to identify, analyse and evaluate risks on behalf of our internal clients, primarily Swiss Re's property single risk underwriters. This provides our underwriters with the basis for successful risk selection, capacity allocation and accurate costing.
Our team has a broad range of different technical and scientific backgrounds and experience. Our excellent technical expertise is complemented by a strong team spirit looking for alternative and innovative risk assessment methods to be used in the future and to make the world more resilient.
• Bachelor or Master degree in engineering, natural science, economics or alike
• Passion to work in an international and diverse environment
• Fluent in German and English
• Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
• Familiar with MS Access and databases
• Programming skills (e.g. Visual Basics) are a plus
• Strong research, analytical and data processing skills
• Strong organizational skills and at ease with working on different parallel tasks and projects
• Team player, curious and flexible personality
Link: to online application