International Centre for Technological Innovations (ICTI)
Telefon: +91 9544136327
Project Assistant - Microfinance and Social Enterprises
Indien, per 12.08.2019
ICTI offers internship opportunity in India for International students. The internships are offered in the areas of technology and innovation management, community development, social entrepreneurship, rural and urban development, agriculture, etc.
International Centre for Technological Innovations invites application for Project Assistant to join internship programme in Microfinance and Social Enterprises.
Microfinance is a very popular term in today’s financial market scenario. Microfinance refers to a banking or financial service that is offered by financial institutions to individuals who belong to the low-income or underprivileged sections of the society. Microfinance can be in the form of loans, insurance, and savings deposits. There are many people across the world, especially in India, who do not have access to proper financial assistance. The project aims to help farmer producer organisations and non governmental organisations in adopting new financial technologies (fintech) to provide better access to finance for rural people, farmers and women .
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct volunteering work leading to promotion of microfinance.
- Visit farmer producer organisations, NGOs, microfinance institutions, etc.
- Evaluate fintech and microfinance projects.
- Assist in project planning and execution.
- Capacity building of producer organisations in fairtrade, food safety, sustainable agriculture, etc.
- Develop courseware and training materials.
- Contribute to business plan development.
- Prepare brochures, video documentary, etc.
- Write project reports.
- Identify international organisations, associations and networks to collaborate.
- Initiate and implement a viable project.
- Educational Qualification: Any degree discipline.
- Graduate students, undergraduate students, any postgraduates, and recent graduates (alumni).
- Knowledge and technical skills
- Leadership capacity and management skills
- Self-starter with ability to complete tasks independently
- Good writing, editing, communication and documentation skills
- Demonstrable interest in sustainable development
Alleppey, Kerala – India
Volunteering, Unpaid Internship. All costs related to visa processing, travel, living expenses has to be borne by the volunteer.
The programme provides both postgraduate and undergraduate students an opportunity to discover entrepreneurship in India as well as experience the richness of India’s culture. This is an ideal opportunity for candidates planning for a career in consulting, national and international development, sustainable engineering, technology commercialization etc. The volunteering helps consolidate their concepts on the different facets of technology and innovation management in emerging economies. Many of our past volunteers have been able to use the skills gained to get jobs in International Organisations, WHO, WTO, and other UN organisations. Some of them have setup their own start-ups and consulting firms, piloting new technologies and expanding business to India. The programme will also be of excellent value for those who want to pursue further studies.