Telefon: 076 779 02 55
Swiss Made - Project Coordinator for the Italian version
Zürich, per sofort
Swiss Made Italian Version – Project Coordinator
About the opportunity:
Since its initial launch in 2011, the book “Swiss Made – the untold story behind Switzerland’s success” has become the most authoritative publication about the origins of the competitiveness and the success story of Switzerland and its most important industries and companies. In the meantime, it has been translated into 9 languages (Arabic, Mandarin, English, French, German, Japanese, Polish, Vietnamese and recently Spanish) and so far, has sold over 250.000 copies in total. With the forthcoming Italian, Korean and Portuguese versions, Swiss Made promotes Swiss achievements and companies in a language area covering major parts of the world’s population.
The book enjoys the support and is widely distributed by representatives of Swiss government and parliament as well as by over 60 Swiss embassies worldwide as a diplomatic gift. One recent example is Swiss Foreign Minister Ignazio Cassis giving the book to his peers in Chile, Uruguay and Brazil during his trip to Latin America in April 2019 (here with the Chilean foreign Secretary Ms Torres).
Various Federal Councillors have written the prefaces to language versions and over 70 of the most important Swiss companies, foundations as well as private persons have supported the book financially and enabled us to effectively promote Swiss achievements and values in the many regions of the world. Next to the book, Swiss Made also uses other media and channels such as events and lectures (in Switzerland and abroad) and publishes guest articles in major newspapers. As a result, the book has over time grown into an actual Swissness-movement.
From Book to Movement
For the 10th language version ITALIAN we are looking for a dynamic Project Coordinator with the following main tasks and responsibilities:
- Identify and win suitable partners (companies, foundations…e.g. from Ticino) to feature in the book and support the project financially
- Finalize agreement with suitable publisher
- Update the manuscript and coordinate the translation work
- Plan and implement a number of promotional events and book launches in Switzerland and Italy (some of which in cooperation with the Swiss Embassy)
- Workload approx. 40% over a period of approx. 6 months – further cooperation after finalization possible (depending on development and performance)
- Starting date: as soon as possible
- High engagement – i.e. motivated self-starter, enthusiastic, keen to make a meaningful impact
- Entrepreneurial spirit and willing to see projects through from beginning to end
- Ability to "sell" the benefits of partnering with Swiss Made for the Italian version
- Strong organizational talent and project management skills
- A recent graduate / student from a leading business university (UZH, HSG,..)
- Result orientation combined with multitasking and problem-solving abilities
- Good interpersonal skills – team player
- Fluency in English & Italian. German is a plus.
- MS Office proficiency
What’s in it for you:
- Exposure to top decision makers (in Switzerland, Italy and other countries)
- Best possible, important and valuable career contacts for yourself
- Meaningful and rewarding work promoting Swiss achievements in exciting locations
- Project management responsibility and autonomy - success dependent upon you
- Become part of an international small motivated team
- Office location in heart of Zurich (part of the University)
- Possibility to work remotely (you do not have to live in or near Zurich)
- Significant performance-related renumeration plus modest fixed component
How to apply:
We offer first-hand experience in interesting projects that have and offer you the possibility to have real impact. Our work climate is very international, entrepreneurial and offers a high degree of autonomy as well as responsibility. Most main Swiss companies support our Swiss Made initiative, which gives you the opportunity to get introduced to high-level relationships which may be most useful for your later career.
Send your complete application to our COO Mr. Bernard Winterhalter to firstname.lastname@example.org
In case of questions regarding the role you can contact us also by phone: +41 76 779 02 55