Corporate Development / Investment Analyst (Direct Investments) 100%
, per sofort
TBG is a privately held investment holding centrally located in Zurich, Switzerland and pursuing direct majority investments globally. As opposed to private equity funds, TBG is primarily striving for long term value creation positions focussing on investments in the industrial, technology and data space. The lean and agile Corporate Development team (seven professionals) has a track record of creating value by pro-actively scouting targets and swiftly executing acquisitions by partnering with management teams to execute on organic and inorganic growth strategies. Exemplarily one of the larger, recent acquisitions was the purchase of DTN from Schneider Electric in the B2B data field. Since its purchase in 2017 the Group has finalized eight add-on acquisitions.
The new team member will be part of TBG’s Corporate Development, which is mainly responsible for strategic and M&A support for our portfolio companies, as well as for developing investment thesis and deal flow for new platforms. She/he will join a highly dynamic entrepreneurial team and will significantly contribute to the strategic planning and project execution.
1. Portfolio Support
- Support TBG leadership and portfolio management teams in the underlying data gathering, market/competition analysis and strategic planning/business plan effort
- Support portfolio companies in special operational/strategic projects
2. New Investment Thesis and New Investment Opportunities
- Analytical support of assessment of investment opportunities, i.e. (i) investigation on targeted sectors and/or companies, (ii) evaluation of potential acquisitions, (iii) analytical support to negotiations (valuation, modelling) and (iv) deal process administration (NDAs, preparation for Management Presentations, Q&A, data-room)
- Identify new investment opportunities: (i) analysis of macro trends in new sectors to identify new attractive "investment platforms" and (ii) thorough sector "deep-dives" to develop solid long-term investment theses
- Support in deal execution, i.e. analytical support for negotiations and management of consulting, financial or legal advisors
- Outstanding academic credentials
- Some professional experience (internship or permanent position) with top tier strategy consulting firms or with investment firms or investment banks required
- Business acumen, agility with numbers and strategic thinking as well as good command of corporate finance (valuation methodologies) are essential
- The candidate will have an interest in technical and industrial businesses and will ideally have been exposed to B2B environments
The person we are looking for should bear the personal characteristics to strive in TBG’s environment, i.e.:
- Be entrepreneurial and self-motivated to autonomously take initiatives in line with the Group's overall philosophy and strategy
- Be able to deal with ambiguity, adapt and define her/his role in a rapidly changing, entrepreneurial environment
- Be both hands-on and highly strategic at the same time
- Combine a high sense of curiosity, creativity and willingness to investigate with the analytical rigor and structure needed to support long term investments and at the same time challenge the status quo
- Be internationally minded with a proven ability to work in different cultures and environments and be willing to travel globally
- Be fully fluent in English (main working language), command of other European languages would be a plus, in particular German
- Have highest ethical standards and discretion
Please address your application in electronic form (cover letter, CV, university credentials and employer’s references) to Marion Christen at firstname.lastname@example.org.