Bosch loT Lag
Call for Master Thesis
, per sofort
Bosch Internet of Things Lab
A Cooperation of HSG, ETH Zurich and Bosch
Application Deadline: 20th June 2019
CALL FOR MASTER THESIS
Referent: Ass. Prof. Dr. Felix Wortmann
Institute of Technology Management (ITEM-HSG)
Chair of Operations Management
Topic: Financial implications of product-as-service business models
Digitalization is an undisputed source of fundamental innovation and opens up manifold growth opportunities. Leading manufacturing companies have extended their technical capabilities and altered their business model significantly. More specifically, they have provisioned product-as-a-service business models. Product-as-a-service is a business model which provides an outcome (i.e. flying hour) rather than selling a product (i.e. selling the turbines). However, many firms struggle to effectively deploy these business models. One reason are the uncertainties regarding the financial implications. Hence, the thesis should outline the financial implications of shifting towards product-as-a-service – through developing a dynamic financial model.
- Case study research with a leading manufacturing company
- Develop a financial model (balance sheet, income statement and cashflow statement) to depict the financial implications from shifting towards product-as-service
- Simulate the model (dynamic perspective)
- Discussion of findings and documentation
What do we offer?
- Active involvement in current research activities and active supervision
- Cooperation with a leading international industrial company
- Great working atmosphere in a motivated team
Whom are we looking for?
- Writing the master thesis within the next 6 months
- Interest in mathematical, financial and accounting questions
- Advanced excel and programming knowledge
- Very good language skills in English
If the call found your attention, please contact me attaching CV, short statement of motivation as well as a current transcript of records (Bachelor and Master) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BOSCH und die Bildmarke sind registrierte Marken der Robert Bosch GmbH, Stuttgart